"Fortune favors the bold but abandons the timid."

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Martathon session

Played a crazy session last night. Ill let the graph speak for itself.




Almost gave back all my money from the big day yesterday but managed to squeak out a small profit instead. Took me a lot of hands to do it, but it still feels good and now I can sleep easy. I actually made 11k at 5/10 in here in 5400 hands there, but I took a 10/20 shot that didnt go so well (-10k in 540 hands). There was huge fish sitting there and I had the golden seat to his left but he took some strange lines and I could not hit a hand once. I was playing 29/24 at that table which is vv loose for me because I was constantly isolating the fish and he would call with some garbage and I couldnt figure out how to take a pot away from him. I finally stacked him at the end but I had already given away a few buyins that had been dispersed amongst the table. Some tourny donk (had a gold jersey) was at the table too and I saw he was 4tabling 10/20 but he has some serious leaks in his game that I couldnt exploit as much because he was directly to my left and running hotter than the sun. I definately tilted away 2 or 3 buyins at 10/20 but other than that Im very happy with how I played tonight. Put in a looong session and was only tilted for about 10 minutes even though I was down almost 14k at one point. And the tilt didnt carry over at all to any 5/10 tables, just played extremely solid there the whole night.

Another interesting thing was that I was at a few tables with giggy and he seemed to be spewing pretty bad. He has a few leaks for sure (that he usually overcomes with just relentless preflop aggression) and I think I finally have a complete gameplan together for playing against him. He was probably just tilting or something last night, but watching the video he posted of himself playing actually helped me to figure him out better. Hes still a great player, dont get me wrong, but I think if he continues 8tabling 5/10 playing the same way he is now hes gonna run into some trouble because Im sure the other guys at 5/10 are gonna figure him out too and will be more focused on it since hes 8 tabling playing that way. I think his relentless aggression at 2/4 allowed him to get away with some stuff that he wont be able to get away with at 5/10 where the regulars are more in tune to the game.
Im actually up more on giggy (5k) than any other player in my PT database which was surprising to me considering he owned me and never lost a coinflip at 2/4.
For the month now Im at 51k in around 57k hands. I would love to finish at $1/hand for the month so thats my goal for the next couple days. At 5/10 im up 42.5k in 21k hands, hope that winrates sustainable ;)

No comments: