"Fortune favors the bold but abandons the timid."

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Battles

I was just battling with "jus a bookmaker". UMD pointed him out to me. Here are some hands I had with mr bookmaker

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2215677

-I think I like how I played the flop. I can let him keep betting the turn if he has air in his range. Maybe a raise is better if I know hes not getting away from a flush draw or top pair.
-On the turn, I like a raise better now that I look at it. After watching him play more, his most likely holdings are top pair here and flush draws. And he's not getting away from either, so I shoulda just got it in to avoid any scared cards he could fold on river. But as we later find out, hes prob shoving any river here. Hes a menace.
-The river was obv an ugly spot. Hes never going to have a 4 here. So it was full house or busted draw. 3:1 odds on river. I don't think I can find a fold against this guy.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2215724
I'm a sicko winning this hand.
-On the flop I like calling even this deep. I will get away if flush hits on turn, but I think Jus a bookmaker is potting any turn because hes sick like that.
-On turn I called because at the time I wasn't sure if BigEasy was slowplaying trips with better kicker. As Mr. Townsend likes to say. "he was tricky trappy" And hes still not getting the right odds to call for a flush draw.
-River is obv a call, figured we were chopping. He just insta shoved that river, I don't understand. He has to put one of us on a queen.

He was the type of player that would make really bad value bets like that. I guess it widens his range. But you can still play your cards face up against him because he makes so many spewy plays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in hand 1 i play it the same way and usually just call the turn there every time, but then i always regret it when a shitty river card comes and looking at it i do think turns a raise bc this guy will go w any flush draw, any top pair and any overpair. hes "jus a bookmaker" after all and doesnt have any tricky trappy in his arsenal. when he pots turn there after cr'ing flop think hes goin with his hand.

hand 2 is so sick lol but i play every street the same.