"Fortune favors the bold but abandons the timid."

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

weeeeeeee

My sessions have been super swingy the past week or so and I pretty much haven't made any monetary progress. I was super frustrated a few nights ago when I was up about 6k from 3/6 and 5/10, took a shot at 25/50 with a huge fish and a bunch of SSers, and insta lost ~4k in back to back hands.

The first hand was 5 handed, I opened TT on the button to $150, the BB w/ $1200 behind calls, flop comes Jxxss, he checkraises I push the rest in and he shows JT- no dice on the 1 outter.

Very next hand, still 5 handed, I open AKo in the CO, a $2500 (50BB) stack 3bets to $550, the BB (50BBs behind as well) shoves, I tank for a bit and feel silly for even doing so with that much money already on the table, and shove myself. Button folds and BB shows AA, gg me and a decent night. I then ran AK into a squeezing KK a few orbits later at my 5/10 table for ~130BBs to seal the deal on the night. Meh, oh well.

This month hasn't gone exactly well but it isn't like my LOL February. I am going to end up with mediocre results which I am pretty unsatisfied with considering the way I came out of the April gate. Hopefully May will be a lot better, I am taking a lot more shots at 10/20 now so I expect it to be swingy and either really good or really bad. Gamb00l.

As far as golf goes, I haven't played since going out last week. I hit about 13 trees in 9 holes and ended up with a 45. Not exactly horrible, but not great at all. I should probably pick up a new driver since I'm still using my Dad's older 10.5 Cleveland Launcher. With how high I hit that, I am glad I am only hitting trees and not taking out any innocent planes.

My first league match is tomorrow evening playing best ball format. They have my handicap set at a 10 (I haven't had an established handicap in years) which should be fairly accurate so hopefully I hit a decent ball and destroy the hackers we are playing. I'll post a TR afterwards.

-Haupt

No comments: